Saturday, January 16, 2010

Catching up


I have finally arrived to that place of "catching-up" with my life. Things that I put on the back burner have now moved to the front. Quilting is one of those things. I started quilting about 15 years ago. I loved it. But then, life happened and it got pushed back and put away.

Now I can begin again. I think those things we love never go away. They come back. It's the ebb and flow of life.

Quilting was re-ignited and waved hello. Frantically. I caught a glance of it again through my friend Robin who is new to quilting and quite the natural. We signed up for a block-of-the month club. It was a baby step. I had forgotten how much peace quilting brought to me and my life. I am so glad to be back.

These are my blocks thus far. My heart sings.

Next came the new sewing machine. I had been sewing on my trusty Kenmore. It served me well but was tired. It was time.
Nothing to terribly fancy but, oh the joy!

I then dug out all my old "works in process". Many. Too many. I need many more Friday Night Quilt-ins to catch up...but catch up, I will.

This is what I have been working on.


I began this scrappy little piece about 6 years ago. I just finished up the top and now I need to add the borders. I bought the material for that yesterday but since it has been so long since I have mastered borders, I am feeling a little intimidated. I may tackle that tomorrow.




This is a quilt that I began for my daughter when she was 9. She will be 21 in May. umm...yea.

It's a log cabin quilt that is suppose to resemble a starry night. Now that so much time has
passed, I am not sure I will applique the stars on. I will decide later.

What amazes me the most is I had forgotten how much I enjoy making Log Cabin squares. I am breezing thru this.

Then there is this. My non-traditional looking Grandmothers Flower Garden. I love to work on this when I am feeling the need to do some hand sewing and do this.....

GO VIKES!!

Do the things that bring you joy!

4 comments:

  1. Your quilts are nice. I love the colors in the log cabin quilt. I am glad you started quilting again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks lovely... Friday night sew in was a lot of fun...
    Cath Ü

    ReplyDelete
  3. woohoo another vikings fan!!! im going to sew right now then sit down, feet up and pray for a win! welcome to the fri night sew in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful quilts...I envy you. I made a very simple one 30 years ago for my daughter and I enjoyed it at the time but have never attempted one since. My husband's aunt helped me set up a quilting frame and got me started but we moved shortly after and didn't have the room to leave a frame set up. I did try using a hoop but didn't like it at all...maybe someday...

    ReplyDelete